Exchange Programme Announcement and Call for Participation
In 2018/2019, the Universities of Zurich, Geneva and Belgrade offer a pilot programme "Revisiting research training in linguistics: theory, logic, method", funded by Movetia: Exchange and Mobility. The aim of the programme is to enhance scientific research skills of BA and MA students in linguistics and language-related subjects.
The participants will be introduced to studying language using general scientific methodology, under joint supervision of instructors from the three institutions, in three phases:
- The central component of the programme is a two-week summer school at the Petnica Science Centre, Serbia in July 2019. During the school, the participants will follow classes and conduct their own research projects. All summer school costs will be covered for the selected students.
- As preparation for the summer school, the students from all three institutions will complete the same online course covering the fundamental notions in linguistic theory, general logic and empirical methodology.
- After the summer school, the students will write a report on the conducted projects.
The language of the programme is English.
A total of 18 participants will be admitted to the programme. Only students currently enrolled in BA or MA programs at one of the three listed institutions can apply. Those who successfully complete all three components will be awarded 6 or 9 ECTS, which will be recognised within their regular curriculum.
How to Apply
To apply for the programme, send a motivation letter and a plan outlining how you will integrate the programme credits into your regular studies to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject of your email “Movetia application”. The motivation letter should be approximately one page long, and it should contain basic information about you (e.g. subject and year of study) and explain your interest in the programme. Other things being equal, preference will be given to BA students.
- Application deadline: 22 December 2018
- Notifications of acceptance: 10 February 2019
- Online course: February to May 2019
- Summer school: July 2019; the exact dates will be announced in early 2019
- Final report deadline: 20 August 2019