URPP "Language and Space" is one of the initiators and a partner in this Swiss-European project whose goal is to improve the employability of students in language-related fields. To address the identified skills gaps which keep our students' employability limited despite great opportunities, project partners work together with companies and other employers. We focus on four main objectives:
- Needs analysis: understand better what needs to be improved in university curricula.
- Integrating research into teaching: allow students to experience research and problem solving before graduating.
- Learning content: teach tech skills, programming, data management and infrastructure.
- Educational games: create a shared virtual environment to guide the students across universities through the common learning content and challenges.
Members of the UPSKILLS consortium:
Funded by Movetia:
- Uni Zurich (CH)
- Uni Geneva (CH)
Funded by Erasmus+
- The University of Graz (AU)
- Uni Bologna (IT)
- Uni Malta (MT), main coordinator
- CLARIN-ERIC (NL)
- Uni Belgrade (RS)
- Uni Rijeka (HR)
- 25 June 2021
- 28 April 2021
Kick-off Meeting of the Digital Learning Commnuity at the DSI
DSI Digital Learning Community
We are proud to be among the initiators of the Digital Learning Community, which is jointly supported by the UPSKILLS project and the UZH Digital Society Initiative. The new community will allow us to join forces and synchronise wider efforts on introducing educational games and other forms of digital learning.
More community info coming soon!