OrcID: 0000-0001-5332-8411 Research Id: F-1594-2018
I joined the URPP Language and Space in September 2018.
Rhythmic accommodation in a dialect contact situation. Acoustic and Perception Studies in Grison and Zurich German
Funding source: URPP Language and Space
I have a PhD in Linguistics from the University of Naples L'Orientale, in which I studied first and second language acquisition form a biolinguistic perspective. From 2012 to 2016 I was postdoctoral researcher in Phonetics at the same university and investigated the acoustic correlates of foreign accented Italian. Since 2016 I have been working as a Post-doc at the Department of Computational Linguistics at University of Zurich on topiic related to age-related changes in speech and voice. Since 2018 I have been member and coordinator of the Research Group on Accommodation and Social Categorization at the URPP Language and Space.
My current research interests range from acoustic and perceptual convergence in speech communication to speaker specific factors (i.e. language background, age and health conditions) affecting rhythmic variability in speech. I have also conducted research on perception and production of L2 accented speech as well as tested the use of CAPT systems in L2 prosody learning.
- since 2017: Computational Processing of Speech Rhythm for Language and Speaker Classification, Dept of Computational Linguistics, University of Zurich
- From 2012-1016: General Linguistics, Multilingualism and Language Acquisition, Modern Languages Teaching at the University of Naples L'Orientale (Italy).
- From 2011-2015: Interlanguage Analysis for Specializing Courses and Second Level Master at the University of Naples L’Orientale (Italy)
- From 2009 to 2016: Italian language and culture at different Italian University language centers.
Grants and Scholarships
- 2017: Research Grant on Forensic phonetic analysis of electronically disguised voice, funded by International Association of Forensic Phonetics and Acoustics (co-applicant with L. He and V. Dellwo)
- 2014-2016: Post-doc Project on Acoustic Correlates of Foreign-Accented Italian. Dept of Literary, Linguistics and Comparative Studies, University of Naples L'Orientale.
- 2012-2014: Post-doc Project on Acoustic Correlates of Foreign-Accented Italian. (Innosystems - POR Campania - FSE 2007/2013 Asse IV; Asse V).
Collaboration in Funded Research Projects
- 2019-2020: Voice Theft": Chances and risks of digital voice technology (SNF Funding Scheme Digital Lives; coordinators Volker Dellwo and Sascha Frueholz; University of Zurich)
- 2016-2019: L2 pathological speech. Research coordinated by A. De Meo and funded by Univ. of Naples “L’Orientale”.
- 2013-2016:Cross-linguistic and cross-cultural study for the production and perception of speech conveying social affects. Research coordinated by W. Gu, Nanjing University (China).
- 2013-2015: LISA – L2 Italian Speech Archive. Research coordinated by A. De Meo and funded by Univ. of Naples “L’Orientale”.
- 2010-2012: Age and Acoustic features of speaker’s voice Research coordinated by M. Pettorino and funded by Univ. of Naples “L’Orientale”.
- 2009. On-line linguistic resources on writing systems. Research coordinated by C. Vallini and funded by Univ. of Naples “L’Orientale”.
- 2005. Web applications for specialized terminology and metalinguistic terms
- COFIN Research, national coordinator: D. Poli, responsible of the Research Unit “L’Orientale": C. Vallini.
Organization of scientific events
- 2018: Workshop on Accommodation in Speech Communication - URPP Language and Space, University of Zurich (Zurich, 13 December)
- 2017: Workshop on Speaker Individuality in Voice: Human and Machine Processing - Dept of Computational Linguistics, University of Zurich (Zurich 3 November)
- 2016: Workshop Insegnamento della pronuncia dell’italiano a studenti stranieri within the International conference of the American Association of Teachers of Italian (AATI 2016), Universities of Naples L’Orientale degli Studi di Napoli L’Orientale and Federico II (Naples, 22-27 June)
- 2015: Methods in L2 Prosody 2015. Romance languages and the Chinese at the Crossroads, University of Naples L’Orientale degli Studi di Napoli L’Orientale, (Naples, 30 November -1 December)